R U Ready Southwest Alabama
Benefits for businesses & career professionals | How it works | Join now!
The goal of R U Ready Southwest Alabama (R U Ready) is to bring together students, job seekers, educators, and businesses to help students and job seekers achieve their career goals and meet the workforce development needs of our communities.
RU Ready is an online program that assist students and job seekers in developing an understanding of their career options and connects their desired career paths with occupations that local business offer.
- Increasing your business’ visibility and highlighting your community involvement
- Promote careers and opportunities that are available in Region 9 (Baldwin, Choctaw, Clarke, Conecuh, Escambia, Mobile, Monroe, and Washington counties) and help students realize that there are many opportunities in the community
- Nurture your future workforce by connecting with them early in their career development
- Bridge the skills gap of students coming out of high school by communicating what the real world needs. (eg. soft skills)
- Actively build and develop your future workforce
- Positively affect and directly address Region 9’s drop-out, graduation and unemployment rates
- Be a part of MAEF’s 80 by 20 Initiative (80% of students graduate high school by 2020)
How it Works
In Baldwin, Choctaw, Clarke, Conecuh, Escambia, Mobile, Monroe, and Washington counties (Region 9), more than 70,000 students use Career Cruising everyday to explore and develop their career aspirations. R U Ready builds on a student's career development by connecting them to real-life professionals and is achieved online by:
- Linking careers they are interested in with local companies that hire those careers through online career discussion boards
- Connecting with company volunteers in the community through career discussion forums
- Taking their education out of the classroom by participating in work-based career activities (eg. company tours, job shadowing, summer internships, mentors).
For a detailed list of activities, download your copy here (Adobe Acrobat required).